Currently, the Natick Comets has over 90 girls on girls travel hockey teams from U8 to U18 levels. The girls are from Natick, Sherborn, Dover, Weston, Wellesley, Wayland, Framingham, Holliston, Newton, Medfield, Medway, Hopkinton and surrounding MetroWest towns. The Natick Comets have proudly supported girls ice hockey and girls teams for 45 years.
· The girls’ program runs in conjunction with our boys youth programs. Girls often begin in the Comets organization by skating in our Skill Development or House League weekend sessions and then progress to travel teams. However, skating in the Comets Skill Development or House League programs prior to playing on a Comets travel team is not a prerequisite.
· Comets girls’ teams play in the Middlesex Yankee Conference Girls’ League (MYCGL) which offers four divisions each season (U10, U12, U14 and a half-season U18). For the 201819 season the U8 team will play in the Valley Hockey League (VHL)
· U10 through U14 teams play over 30 games in a season and participate in tournaments and state (Mass.) and league (MYCGL) playoff games. Games are played in Boston and MetroWest area arenas (including the Natick arena for home games).
· Every January, the Natick Comets host the annual Bill Chase Tournament at the Natick rink for U10 and U12 girls teams. This round robin tournament provides an opportunity for our teams to test themselves against teams from throughout New England. The tournament always provides a fun time for all players and coaches and fosters great team camaraderie for the girls.
· All travel teams participate in our weekly Thursday evening skills development sessions which usually run September through Thanksgiving. These special skills sessions are in addition to regularly scheduled team practices held twice per week.
· Goalies are an important part of each Comets team and our program. For the 2018/19 hockey season, we are offering a tuition reduction of 50% to all full-time goalies selected for our girls teams.
· The girls program provides for around 90 sheets of ice (games, practices, and skills sessions) per U8, U10, U12 and U14 player during the course of a season.